勞勃‧佛洛斯特詩選譯(二)
我是夜熟知的人。 I have been one acquainted with the night.
我曾投身雨中,歸自雨中。 I have walked out in rain–and back in rain.
我曾走出燈火煇煌的市鎮。 I have outwalked the further city light.
我曾俯視過最淒清的街衢。 I have looked down the saddest lane.
我曾越過巡行的知更人。 I have passed by the watchman on his beat
我低抑眼神,不願吭聲。 And dropped my eyes, unwilling to explain.
我佇立,戛止跫音 I have stood still and stopped the sound of feet
當遠處斷續的呼喚 When far away an interrupted cry
傳自另一道街的家門, Came over houses from another street,
不是喚我回,或道聲再見; But not to call me back or say good-bye;
而於此無邊靜謐的超塵, And further still at an unearthly height,
只有發光的時鐘在夜空明閃 One luminary clock against the sky
宣告時間並無是非之分。 Proclaimed the time was neither wrong nor right.
我是夜熟知的人。 I have been one acquainted with the night.