勞勃‧佛洛斯特詩選譯(二)
兩條路分叉在黃樹林, Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
恨不得同時走兩條; And sorry I could not travel both
我是旅行,良久立臨, And be one traveler, long I stood
順著其中一條,極目凝神 And looked down one as far as I could
直看到它在林叢中折沒了。 To where it bent in the undergrowth;
也許是我作了較好的選擇, Then took the other, as just as fair,
我走上一條,美好一樣, And having perhaps the better claim,
因為路上青草綿綿,未被踐踹, Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
一旦經人踐踹 Though as for that the passing there
路的狀況必然是一樣。 Had worn them really about the same,
那天早上,兩條路都埋在 And both that morning equally lay
枯葉下,尚未被踏黑; In leaves no step had trodden black.
對囉,我改日再走另一條, Oh, I kept the first for another day!
我知道是路都會引人入勝, Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
獨自遲疑我是否該走回。 I doubted if I should ever come back.
在若干年以後 I shall be telling this with a sigh
我將喟嘆地說: Somewhere ages and ages hence:
兩條路分叉在黃樹林,而我 Two roads diverged in a wood, and I–
走了人跡稀少的一條, I took the one les traveled by,
於是便有了不同的結果。 And that has made all the difference.